Rancho Milagro’s CLIENT RIGHTS
Each client shall have rights that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The right to confidentiality as provided for in HIPAA and Title 42, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 2.
- The right to be accorded dignity in contact with staff, volunteers, board members and other persons.
- The right to be accorded safe, healthful and comfortable accommodations to meet his or her needs.
- The right to be free from verbal, emotional, physical abuse and/or inappropriate sexual behavior.
- The right to be informed by the program of the procedures to file a grievance or appeal discharge.
- The right to be free from discrimination based on ethnic group identification, religion, age, gender, race, sexual orientation, or disability.
- The right to be accorded access to his or her file.
- Each client shall review, sign, and be provided at admission, a copy of the client rights. The program shall place the original signed client rights document in the client’s file.
- The program shall post a copy of the client rights in a location visible to all clients and the general public.
- The follow-up after discharge cannot occur without a written consent from the client.
Any program conducting research using clients as subjects shall comply with all standards of the California Research Advisory Panel and the federal regulations for protection of human subjects (Part 46 of Title 45 of the Code of Federal Regulations).
In accordance with Title 9, Chapter 4, Section 10543(a), of the California Code of Regulations, any individual may request an inspection of an alcoholism or drug abuse recovery or treatment facility. Complaints should be directed to:
ATTN: Complaint Department
Department of Health Care Services
MS 2601 PO Box 997413,
Sacramento, CA 95899-7413
In accordance with APR.03.01.01 – 2 of The Joint Commission, any individual may file a complaint or concerns regarding the safety and quality of the care of the individual served directed to.
ATTN: Office of Quality and Patient Safety
The Joint Commission
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois 60181