- Prescription: Doctors may prescribe opiates to treat severe pain that doesn’t respond to other treatments. Prescription opiates include codeine, morphine and hydrocodone.
- Illicit: In addition to illegally obtained prescription medications, illicit opiates include drugs such as heroin. Some underground labs also create synthetic Opioids meant for illegal sale.
If you think you have an addiction to opiates, an opiate drug addiction rehabilitation center in Illinois can help. Rancho Milagro Reccovery serves patients with substance use disorders in the Southern California area.
- Have riskier behaviors and changes in decision making
- “Stock up” on opiate medications
- Experience mood changes you didn’t have before using opioids
- Spend large amounts of money and time on opiate use
A substance use professional can also screen you to see if you show the signs of addiction. They can then work with you to find a treatment strategy that works for your needs.
- Medical care: Services such as medication-assisted treatment (MAT) and detox help you handle addiction’s physical aspects. With your withdrawal symptoms and cravings managed, you can better focus on recovery.
- Behavioral support: Addiction affects your behavioral patterns, so retraining these behaviors has a critical role to play in recovery. Therapy and similar support services will allow you to learn new coping strategies.
- Social services: Some treatment centers have social workers on staff or partner with social services organizations. You can get help with life necessities, such as housing and employment through community resources.
The experience you have with opiate addiction treatment will depend on your needs and provider.
- Life planning: We combine relapse prevention training with support for life planning to support the patient’s success after treatment.
- Addressing underlying conditions: Our mental health and medical teams can help you identify and treat any health issues that contribute to your opiate misuse.
- Finding community and connection: Group therapy and an alumni community give our patients the chance to support one another for life.
- Comprehensive behavioral therapy services: You can receive a wide range of therapy models at Rancho Milagro Recovery, including trauma therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy.
We also provide services specifically tailored to opiate addiction, such as medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for opioids and heroin use disorder services.
- Get back to a stable life at home, work or school
- Reconnect with the people you love
- Learn healthy coping skills for situations that make you want to misuse opioids
Drug addiction clinics such as Rancho Milagro Recovery can provide the assistance you need to take your life back from opiate addiction.
- Difficulty concentrating
- Slowed breathing and heart rate
- Dry mouth
- Sweating and flushing
- Muscle stiffness
- Digestive issues
With help from an opioid addiction clinic, you can relieve these issues and reduce your risk of overdose.